Gift Card for Reef Ecology Tour
- Duration: 60 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Gisborne, New Zealand
- Product code: GCRET
Once you’ve been kitted out in our designer waders, you’ll embark on a walk across the reef at Tatapouri on the low tide with our experienced guides to meet with the Tamariki (Maori for children) of Tangaroa the Maori Sea God.
During the Reef Ecology tour, you’ll have the opportunity to observe and interact with the Stingrays, Eagle Rays, Kingfish and other reef dwellers under the guidance our guides. The guides will provide information about the local inhabitants who live on the reef.
You’ll also learn about local legends of Tairawhiti and gain an insight into some of the methods once used by Maori to manage their natural resource.
A unique and memorable activity for all ages.
PLEASE BE AT OUR FACILITY 20 MINS PRIOR TO TOUR TIME FOR CHECK IN
- Our reef tours are suitable for all ages.
- Bookings are essential – our reef tours are popular!and are run around the low tides daily.
- Waders are provided by Dive Tatapouri please note our waders only go to shoe size 13NZ and waist size 18NZ.
- Reef tour times depend on tides and weather and sea conditions.
- Allow up to an hour and half for the Reef Ecology Tour including check in.
- Large groups can be accommodated by prior arrangement.
- Pack your waterproof camera – you’ll need it!
- Banana Boat is available for smaller children who are to small to walk however please be aware parent / caregiver may be required to help pull it over the reef.
- If tour is cancelled due to weather no cancellation fee.
- If you do not contact us to cancel 12hrs prior and/or do not show for the booked session a 100% cancellation fee will be collected from the credit card provided at the time of booking.
- Gift Vouchers do have expiry dates and are non refundable please contact us if you require a extension of a gift voucher